crockpot mac 'n cheese


If there are two things I love more than cold cereal, they would be the crockpot and Mac 'n Cheese. So combining the two is practically perfect and so is this recipe! I found it on, none other than the best go-to website for recipes, DIY's and basically anything, Pinterest and have been wanting to try a new crockpot recipe for a while so I went for this one. And it was YUMMY! Zach and I both gobbled it up, but not all of it because I need leftovers for later.

Here is the recipe I used: 

& Here is the run down from the link (steps included with my own photos):
Slow Cooker Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons butter
2 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions: 
Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes and drain.
In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Heat over medium high heat and stir until the cheese melts.

Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine cheese mixture, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper in your slow cooker.

Add the drained macaroni and stir again.

Cook on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally (I cooked mine for about 2 hours and stirred it twice and it was perfect).
It is a simple to follow recipe, plus with only 2 hours in the slow-cooker it was perfect for me to put together after I got home from school and let sit. I love being able to put it in the slow cooker and work on whatever I need to do while it cooks. Then, voila! Ready to eat right when it is done with half the work. Man, I love that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harper May White: birth story

Our Hospital Stay