wedding weekend


2 weeks after we got to Durham, we hopped on a jet plane and flew to San Diego, CA for my little brother Matt's wedding. We got in early Thursday August 18 and my mama picked us up from the airport. We got In-N-Out for lunch and headed over to the house where the reception would be to help set up. I'm so sad because I hardly took ANY pictures but hope to post some here when my brother and his wife get their wedding photos back. Anyways, Friday we hung out together and I got my nails done with my mama while the boys hung out. That night was the family dinner put on at the same home as the reception and my parents did the dinner. This taco truck came and cooked super yummy tacos and quesadillas. There was a hibiscus drink and it was delicious. I loved getting to be with my family and see our dear family friends! Especially, my little cousin/sister Jessica. I love her dearly. She's my person (you too, Zach!)

Then we woke up bright and early Saturday to head over to the temple for the sealing. It was a beautiful sealing and I loved getting to be a part of their special day. Baby girl and I were bridesmaids and Zach was a groomsman so we also stayed after a while at the temple for photos. Matt and Brooke looked gorgeous. Post-wedding we went to lunch with Brooke's family then back to the hotel for naps until the reception. The reception was so pretty and there was a yummy waffle bar. The best part, though, was definitely the dancing. There were so many of Matt's childhood friends at the reception that I have also grown up with and my family made for prime dancing conditions. We got DOWN + danced the night away. I was SO sore after (Pop, Lock and Drop It will do that to ya) and sweaty and tired but it was worth it. The next morning we flew out early and I couldn't help but cry as I departed from my dad at the airport because we just live so far. I'm excited to be able to go home for a short time in November to be with my family again!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harper May White: birth story

Our Hospital Stay