wild rice soup yumminess

In my ward, we do this thing called "soup group" where we meet every Friday, a couple ladies bring soup and maybe a few bring bread and we sit, eat + chat. It's WONDERFUL and I love it! It comes around the time fall rolls in and who doesn't love that? It's so fun! Anyways, I made this soup for soup group and everyone loved it so I'm posting my own version of the recipe (I changed it up a bit from the original I got from a friend). I also made this on Halloween for family and doubled the recipe (fed about 15 adults and 6 children) and before the night was over the pot was completely scraped clean! Needless to say, this easy soup is a hit.

Creamy Wild Rice Soup:

INGREDIENTS:
Water
Chicken (can use rotisserie chicken, I've used both canned and baked chicken)
2 Chicken bouillon cubes
Uncle Ben's Wild Rice + Seasoning packet
1 TBSP of Dried Onions
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese (best if softened)
Any cooked veggies you would like to add (I've tried carrots, mushrooms, zucchini + all have been delicious)

DIRECTIONS:
Add 6 cups of water, the 2 chicken bouillon cubes and the box of rice + seasoning package together in a large pot and heat until boiling. Once boiling, turn to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Also, if you want to add carrots without pre-cooking them then you can add them now. Best if chopped!

Stir in the dried onions and simmer for 5 more minutes. Then add the cooked veggies.

Now mix in the can of cream of chicken soup and the cream cheese. Stir until well mixed and heated through. It is best if the cream cheese is softened so it is easier to mix into the soup.

ENJOY!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harper May White: birth story

Our Hospital Stay