my much bigger baby brother


Many of you that know me know that I am the oldest sibling with two younger brothers. I love being the older sister and the favorite (only) sister, for that matter. It has been so fun growing up with these two fun, great boys/men? (SO weird) as my brothers.

My brother, Matt, just younger than me, and I do mean JUST younger than me by only 12 months + 3 weeks, is currently serving as "Elder Moser" as a missionary for our church in Argentina! He is so awesome. We fought quite a bit growing up but have a wonderful relationship now and I am so grateful for that + him!

My "baby" brother, if you could honestly ever have called him a baby, Mason is wonderful. He is my best buddy and has been since he was born. He is funny, creative, witty, kind, honest, smart, loving and so much more. When Mason was little he was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism. He is very, very smart and accomplish most anything he puts his mind to. He just has a hard time making friends and sometimes doesn't quite know when things should (or, more often than not, should NOT) be said.

This week, my mom and Mason are out here in the great P-Town so that Mason can attend a missionary camp called "Mission Ready". When it was time to drop Mason off at camp for the first fireside, not only did my mom go to drop him off but my dad did and so did I. He had a whole posse with him when he checked in! We just love him so much and care about him not being made fun of or treated poorly. When he walked in, my mom went to make sure everything was okay. From the back of the room she saw Mason walk to a row with nobody in it and sit by himself. She left the room and came over to us tearing up, sad to see him by himself. So I decided to go see for myself if he was okay. What I saw moved ME to tears (not very hard if you know me). I saw a girl inviting Mason to go and sit with her. It made me SO happy, I almost burst! So, naturally, I left the room to find my parents as I'm near tears and tell them the happy thing I just witnessed! They were also super happy and we went on our merry way.

It makes me so happy when I see people treat Mason well. He is so kind and means only the best. I was just as nervous as my mom was on his first day of camp because we didn't want Mason all by himself. SOOOO last night Mason performed in the Mission Ready Variety Show by dancing to "You Can't Touch This", a dance he made up for my dad on Father's Day! It made me so happy to see so many people (yes, me too as I was recording you can hear me very well ha) cheering for him during his dance. Enjoy! And, remember, treat all people as you would have your younger sibling, child or friend treated. Everyone matters and deserves to be treated well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harper May White: birth story

Our Hospital Stay