twenty-one


June 8th is easily one of my favorite days of the year. Why? BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY HOORAY! When I was in middle/high school I was always a little sad because my birthday was over the summer and I didn't typically see my friends on this special day. Now, I have a husband who is stuck with my for forever sooo at least I will always have one person to celebrate with, right? Right.

Since I am a (P.E. and) coaching major, I have to do an internship in the sport I want to coach so I will be doing one with Springville High School's volleyball program this upcoming fall with another intern from my program at BYU. The coaches are great + I am super excited! One thing I wasn't the most excited for, however, was the 8:30 A.M. mandatory district coaches training on my birthday. Boo. As luck would have it, we got there and found out we (the interns) didn't have to be there! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! So I went out to breakfast with some wonderful cousins of mine and then we went to one of the best places in the whole world.

The Puppy Barn.

You may be thinking, "What is the Puppy Barn?". Well, it's heaven on earth is what it is. A place where breeders can have their puppies looked at and held in order to have them sold/adopted. There are so many sweet, sweet puppies and I LOVE IT THERE SO MUCH. LOOK AT THESE PUPPIES!

 ^^ my hecka cute cousin R-Dawg peepin' in the back there ^^
Doesn't it just look magical? It's free to get in, you have to show I.D. upon entry, you have to wear hand sanitizer and sometimes the puppies are sleeping so you can't pet or hold them. I almost didn't leave... Seriously. It's the best place with the cutest pups.

Once Z got off work and got home, I picked him up and we went to dinner. We ate at a place on Center Street here in Provo called Station 22 Cafe. It was super yummy! I got the adult Mac 'n Cheese + Z got memphis sandwich. I also got us a BEER to share, because you know I had just turned 21! (yes, it was a root beer).
It was my second birthday as Mrs. White and I was treated so well by my hubby and family that I got to spend it with! It was a wonderful birthday sans alcohol.

Today, we had my birthday dinner at my in-laws house! My mom-in-law, Bonnie, and my sis-in-law, Megan, were out of town on my actual birthday so we had my family birthday dinner all planned out for today. It. Was. Amazing. No pictures of the actual dinner but let me give you an idea of how yummy it was: spinach salad with cheese, bacon and poppyseed dressing, potatoes au gratin, watermelon, Alice Springs chicken and warm, fluffy rolls. Yum yum yum. It was seriously one of the most delicious meals I've ever eaten. I also hadn't eaten much since like breakfast in preparation for dinner but it was amazing. Bonnie also made a scrumptious funfetti cake with homemade buttercream frosting and, not only was it beautiful, it was YUMMAY. Look how pretty!
I also got to spend some time with my favorite little Provo buddy + nephew, Simon Phillip, today. 
We have too much fun when we're together, chasing each other, screaming, laughing, "gomph"ing and whatnot. He is TOO cute and growing up really, really fast. Especially for this Auntie's taste. Simon is the first nephew/niece that I have really know since before he was born. I remember holding him on the day of his blessing, he was so new + little + sweet. Now he is fun + big + so darn cute. His parents decided they needed to, like, move to North Carolina or something for some sort of degree at Duke so Simon decided he would go with them. I'm really sad they are moving but am soaking in all the Si-guy time I can.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harper May White: birth story

Our Hospital Stay